Sunday, November 03, 2013

Mom!!! My tummy hurts!

Sleep seems to becoming a rare commodity lately.  One of which is broken and at weird hours.  But nothing wakes you up faster than the words, "Mom, I think I'm going to puke."   Your child needs you and immediately you go into protection mode and I my case I quickly start thinking "What did we eat that was different?  Where was she that she could have gotten a flu?  Did I poison my child?"

They complain of the pain and are crying and wonder if it's something really wrong.  No....it's just how we feel every time.  The body has a great way of forgetting how it really feels but we do remember that we don't like it and for that reason we try not to let it happen.  Maybe if I go back to sleep, maybe it's just gas but in the back of our minds we know what's really going to happen.  

When Ally was little I could hear her do this little cough.  She could be in her room and I would go racing across the house knowing that I had about 15 seconds to get her to the bathroom.  Even I amazed myself at how I could recognize that in just one little cough.

But as she gets older while she doesn't really need me, it's nice to know she still wants her mommy.  So says I lay here with her quietly sleeping  beside me, waiting for her to be sick again, a piece of me is happy that some things will ever change.  I'm just hoping the gurgling now developing in my stomach doesn't signify that MY turn is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment